Consultant or Senior Consultant - Finance & economic service line
MartinJenkins has been providing high calibre organisational, financial, economic and public policy services to its clients for over 27 years. In that time, we have been involved in many of the advances that have helped shape New Zealand society. We have a great team, all helping to make New Zealand a better place. Our work for clients makes an enormous contribution as we positively impact real world issues and opportunities. Recognised as trusted advisors, we are often called on to assist with the most complex and sensitive issues.
Our consultants provide multi-disciplinary services - combining diverse areas of expertise including policy and regulatory advice, research and evaluation, financial and economic analysis, strategic guidance, organisational design, business improvement, change management and employment relations.
We are looking for a Consultant or Senior Consultant who can join our Wellington team. The highly qualified and experienced consultants in our finance and economics team apply specialist skills in a wide range of contexts, playing an important role in our clients' strategy, business case development, value-for-money, cost and funding decisions.
We are looking for candidates with a good balance of technical finance and economics skills coupled with an aptitude for client focussed work across a number of the following areas:
- Good understanding of the public sector is essential, with a minimum of 3 years' experience for a Consultant and 10 years' experience for a Senior Consultant.
- Experience in a management consulting environment working with public sector clients is preferred and/or experience delivering in-house finance or economics services within the public sector and who would like to make the shift to a consulting role.
- Ability to interact credibly with senior leaders understand their challenges and develop customised solutions that integrate financial and economic concepts.
- Top-notch Microsoft Excel modelling skills.
- Be a strong writer.
- Have expertise in or more of the following areas: business case development, financial modelling, funding reviews, cost recovery, financial analysis, and cost benefit analysis.
What can we offer?
- You will be part of a high performing and supportive team that will help you to learn and grow.
- You will work on challenging projects that will make a difference to the lives of New Zealanders.
- You will work in our newly refurbished and centrally located office in Wellington.
- You will have a competitive salary and a budget for your professional development.
- Flexible working arrangements are part of our culture.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV & cover letter.