Research Analyst / Economist
We continuously look for exceptional people - people able to bring fresh thinking to old problems, people with deep understanding of some of our most complex systems, markets and institutions, and people able to apply their knowledge and specialist skills to real world issues and opportunities.
Our energetic team of over 50 consultants and support staff have a wealth of in-depth knowledge and skills in public policy, evidence, insights and analysis; strategy, design and performance; and finance and economics. By working together as a team, we help make New Zealand a better place.
We are an innovative, collaborative group of professionals who care about doing a great job for our clients. We want someone who can fit into a work environment which is collaborative, fun, and where good ideas are listened to, no matter who they come from.
We are looking for research analysts to support the delivery of consultancy services across all of our practice areas, with a particular emphasis on our Finance and Economic advisory services. This is an opportunity for a motivated individual with strong research and data analysis skills to work with and learn from highly experienced practitioners from a range of related fields, on challenging and rewarding jobs.
Successful candidates will have skills and experience in some or all of the following areas:
- A good understanding of the New Zealand economy, key industries and regions
- Familiarity with the data sources than underpin that understanding
- Experience with manipulating, analysing and presenting a wide range of data
- An ability to synthesise and make sense of complex data and information and communicate it effectively, including excellent writing skills
- Experience in preparing business cases
- Experience with survey design and analysis
Some of the industries that you will work across include, arts and culture, building and housing, education, energy, environment, health, international, justice, labour market, local government, primary industries, science and innovation, sports and recreation, transport, welfare and social sector.
To continue our success, we are looking for people that:
- Rise to the challenge
- Take their work seriously, but not themselves
- Are curious
- Value the person
- Are better together.
Are you curious and ready for the challenge?